Winter! Easy skincare tips
Here are simple tips for nurturing and caring for your delicate skin during this harsh climate of the winter months.
With cooler temps and even those snap-cold days comes dry, chilly air…all exacerbating the Vata dosha, the principle of movement that rules late autumn and winter seasons. It’s imperative to counteract this ‘movement’ , with gently warming practices across your food, lifestyle and of course your skin care regimen!
Try these simple tips for nurturing and caring for your delicate skin during this harsh climate of the winter months.
#1. Intensive Moisture (COMING VERY SOON!)
Moisturise! Moisturise! Moisturise! And we mean religiously… morning and night and even a mid-afternoon hydrating facial spritz or oil can do wonders to keep you complexion warm and plump this winter.
AWE’s shaanta Intensive Moisture answers your winter skincare woes with a rich, deeply penetrating cream boasting Resveratrol, L-Carnosine and hydrating actives to replenish and help protect the skin.
Tip for Moisturising: Don’t forget the ‘window’! That’s right for the optimal performance and penetration of your moisturiser, try applying it to damp skin soon after patting dry post-cleanse…don’t let skin dry completely and this aids in absorption and hydration too!
#2. Apply a liberal layer of rasadana Hydrating Mask to the face, neck and décolletage. You can even sleep in this leave-on mask, just remember to pop a towel or old pillowcase over your existing one.
#3. The all-over-body all-rounder! AWE’s zithila Multi Oil is the perfect winter skincare companion and not just as a rich facial oil. This versatile product can be used on lips, post-shaving or waxing, as a hand, nail and/or foot treatment and also to calm any dry, flyaway hair ends, smoothing your ‘do’. A must for the home bathroom and also for your work desk to replenish drier skin for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Did we mention it smells divine too?
And a few other winter-related tips for great skin…
- Sip warm to hot cleansing and warming tea blends such as ginger, cinnamon and honey or warm some milk and add a little nutmeg to help calm and rebalance the body and mind.
- Exercise regularly outdoors to stabilise your Vitamin D levels. Vitamin D comes from sun exposure which we are lucky to still have in Australia during the winter months, but limited and safe exposure is essential. That 30 minute daily walk or power walk will do more than just keep you warm, it’ll replenish your Vitamin D and give you a boost of natural energy!
- Seek a specialist – Winter is great time to consult your Beauty Therapist or Aesthetician, who can analyse your skin, and work with you to provide the perfect skin care ‘recipe’ for management and maintenance.
- Don’t neglect your lips this Winter. Pop on a lip balm or hydrating gloss and carry it with you for frequent re-application as heated environments can dry out our lips in minutes!
- And finally, remember your sunscreen…yes even in winter!