Out with the old….EXFOLIATION!
Here are a few tips for easy and irritation-free exfoliation.
Regular exfoliation also plays a huge part in balancing our skin, aiding in skin cell turnover, removing the old cells and revealing our new, fresh and glowing complexion as our skin sheds, approximately every 28 days.
Did you know? In every square centimetre of our skin, there are approximately 6 million skin cells? These shed constantly and can leave our skin drab and lacklustre if not removed.
So what’s the best routine for easy and irritation-free exfoliation? Here are a few tips…
- Use a mild exfoliant once or twice a week. Anything more abrasive than this and you could cause microscopic tears in the skin. When you are next at the beauty counter, stay clear of anything abrasive and look for a product that uses a form of enzyme or a mild chemical exfoliant for the very best results.
- Most forms of exfoliation are only going to take away the outer layer of dead skin, leaving you with fresh, plump, new skin – and this is good news. But if you experiment with other beauty regimens such as skin peels or microdermabrasion, you could find that it’s not only that dead layer that is being removed, but over-exfoliation could damage the surface of your skin and those layers underneath. So go gently and use extreme exfoliants such as peels with caution.
- Exfoliation is simple – it should boost the vitality and texture of your skin, ensuring that it glows at all times.
Refine your skin naturally and reveal your inner glow.
AWE Cosmeceuticals samskrta Skin Polish is a mild exfoliant that uses micro jojoba beads to gently remove your dead skin, helping the new skin to regenerate without harming any deeper skin cells.
These mild exfoliants are combined with powerful antioxidants and micro jojoba beads to gently exfoliate the skin, removing excess and dead skin cells, helping to renew, refresh and revitalise the skin.
The result? Skin left feeling, bright and radiant. Compatible even for sensitive skin.
Key Actives and their skin benefits:
- Gluconodelta lactone (gluconic acid) – a poly hydroxy acid (PHA). PHA’s are even more gentle than AHA’s (alpha hydroxy acids) as they provide excellent hydration, without increasing sun sensitivity.
- Cranberry Extract – with high concentration of Vitamin C, B3 & B5, this multifunctional antioxidant helps to promote cellular turnover whilst helping even skin tone and protect skin from environmental damage.
- Niacinamide – offers skin brightening effects.
- Co-enzyme Q10 – is proven to increase Glycosaminoglycans (GAG’s) and help protect against UV-induced collagen and elastin degradation.
- Jojoba beads – super-fine micro beads, naturally rounded for gentle yet effective exfoliation.