Add Some Ayurvedic Sparkle To Your Eyes
Learn some Ayurvedic ways of protecting your eyes..
Our eyes are known spiritually as “the windows to your soul” – and we know that they are a key tool of communication and social connection. Too many of us take them for granted though, and we don’t realise how our everyday health regime should include giving our eyes some special attention.
Here are some eye Ayurvedic ways of protecting your eyes:
- Improve circulation and relax your eyes by practising yoga asanas.
- Eat more sweet, juicy fruits, like pawpaw and mangoes.
- Drink more water, and sip on herbal tea throughout the day.
- Go to bed early and wake before sunrise – make this a routine!
- Work on ways of relieving any stress or stressors from your life.
- Soothe your tired eyes by placing cotton eye pads in rose water or milk, and place them over closed eyes.
- If you have dark circles or puffiness under your eyes, apply AWE Cosmeceutical’s Jiva Eye Concentrate+.
Finally, avoid activities that may strain your eyes, including reading in poor light, staying up late, not getting enough sleep, and staring for too long at computer screens.