Coleus Forskohlii Oil has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 3000 years, and scientific research continues to uncover the many reasons why it is so valuable. It is particularly revered in Ayurveda for its ability to balance all three doshas, and it has benefits to many parts of the body, from the skin to the thyroid.
What is Coleus Forskohlii Oil?
Coleus Forskohlii is a fleshy herb which belongs to the Lamiaceae family, better known as the mint and lavender family. The essential oil is extracted by hydrodistillation from the fibrous root.
Uses for Coleus Forskohlii Oil
It is versatile in its uses because of its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. These are found in the principal active compound, forskolin. Coleus Forskohlii Oil may be ingested for therapeutic reasons, but may also be applied topically.
Benefits of Coleus Forskohlii Oil
Coleus Forskohlii Oil benefits the circulatory system in these ways:
- Relaxes the arteries and dilates blood vessels to help lower blood pressure
- Increases levels of a self-regulating compound in cellular functions which aid in the effective function of the circulatory system
- Restricts platelet activity and increases the amount of blood which is pumped with each heart beat, therefore decreasing the chance of blood clots
Because of its anti-inflammatory action, the topical application of Coleus Forskohlii Oil is beneficial for treating skin conditions with inflammatory components such as eczema and psoriasis.
Laboratory studies found it inhibits the growth of these skin pathogens:
- Propionibacterium acnes which is a micro-organism present in acne and skin infections
- Staphylococcus aureus which is a bacterial strain found in acne eruptions
- Staphylococcus epidermidis which is a bacterial strain found in acne and other bacterial infections of the skin
To discover the acne-clearing benefits of Coleus Forskohlii Oil for yourself, try Amala clearing serum.
Coleus Forskohlii Oil relaxes smooth muscle to reduce muscle cramping, convulsions, and bladder pain.
The properties of the oil stimulate a thyroid hormone release which counters symptoms of hypothyroidism like fatigue, depression, dry skin, and weight gain.
The anti-inflammatory action of Coleus Forskohlii Oil which blocks the actions of histamines combines with the relaxing effect on smooth muscle to provide bronchodilatory benefits. This opens the airways, making it easier for asthma sufferers to breathe.
Coleus Forskohlii Oil can break down body fat tissue to facilitate weight loss and prevent the production of new fatty tissue. It also gently stimulates secretion of insulin and thyroid hormones for improved metabolism.
Topical application in the form of eye drops can decrease intraocular pressure for the management of glaucoma.
The seriousness of the conditions this oil may benefit dictates that this incredible herb should be ingested only under a doctor’s guidance, for it may affect the body differently when taken with other medications.
To learn more about treating acne using Ayurvedic principles, visit https://www.awecosmeceuticals.com.au/